What should I pack?
Typically, July weather in Fairbanks is hot and dry (60-85ºF / 16-30ºC). However, some rainy days and afternoon showers are not uncommon. At this time of year, there are approximately 20 hours of daylight, so if you are light sensitive, a sleeping mask is recommended.
- Swimming suit (bathing attire is mandatory at the hot spring)
- Shirts (mostly short-sleeved)
- Pants / shorts / skirts
- Comfortable walking shoes or sneakers
- Light jacket / windbreaker
- Light sweater or sweatshirt
- Sunglasses and hat
- Sleeping mask (optional)
- Hiking shoes (for those participating in the hike)
- Water shoes (for those participating in the canoe trip)
- Hat (toque), scarf, extra layers (for those participating in the permafrost tunnel tour)
- Bug spray
- Sun screen
- Laptop and charger (optional)
- Camera (optional)
- American cash
* Bed linens and towels will be provided.
**Coin-operated laundry facilities are available in the building.